Film Hub Wales’ Welsh Film Preview Days are back in 2022. We are delighted to announce that this year will be an in-person event at Aberystwyth Arts Centre.
Since 2013, we have hosted fifteen Welsh Film Preview Days, with screenings of upcoming Welsh-made or Welsh-language film releases.
- Day one: Wednesday 31st August – 10:30am – 6pm (followed by evening drinks)
- Day two: Thursday 1st September – 9:00am – 5:00pm
What can I expect?
- Features and shorts screenings (LOLA (Directed by Andrew Legge / Produced by IEIE productions), The Almond and the Seahorse (Screenplay by Kaite O’Reilly and Celyn Jones), Burial (Directed by Ben Parker), London Recruits (Directed by Gordon Main), Off the Rails (Produced by Rob Alexander), The Bronze Men of Cameroon (Directed by Florence Ayisi),
- Preview clips,
- Marketing and outreach workshop*,
- Time to talk with other Welsh exhibitors,
- Advice about Made in Wales support and other BFI FAN projects,
- A film pack with details of upcoming Welsh film releases, which includes booking terms, contacts, release dates and Welsh connections to help you market the film,
- Lunch and refreshments provided.
*This year, we’ll also be hosting an exclusive marketing and outreach workshop led by Isra al Kassi. Isra is Head of Programmes and Audience Development at Birds’ Eye View, and has previously worked for BIFA, Inclusive Cinema, Independent Film Trust, London Film Festival, Habibi Collective and Shasha. She is also the co-founder of T A P E Collective and has curated for a number of prominent UK film festivals. The workshop will look at out of the box marketing strategies and fresh approaches to engaging wider audiences.
Please bear in mind this event is exclusively for members of Film Hub Wales and members of Film Hubs around the UK.
Bursary support and Membership