Film Hub Wales & Ffilm Cymru Wales are pleased to present Making, Watching and Understanding, an audit of film education in Wales.
This report, prepared by Jim Barratt (Bigger Picture Research) and Dan Thomas looks into the activity and experiences of film education practitioners and exhibitors in Wales, making recommendations around funding, geographical inequalities and opportunities that place education at the heart of audience strategy.
The report closes with a series of recommendations and key actions in the following areas:
- Advocacy and building an evidence-based case for film education;
- Placing education at the heart of audience strategy;
- Developing new funding models and exploiting alternative funding sources;
- Tackling geographic inequalities;
- Strategic targeting to address regional demographic variations;
- Promotion oflifelong learning opportunities, including practical filmmaking activity and longer-formfilmappreciation
courses for adults and older adults;
- Making a step change in the development of links with formal education;
- Revisiting support for training and professional development, for practitioners, teachers and non-specialists;
- Reviewing the range of film education networking opportunities available in Wales.
Download the report