Film Hub Wales Member
Founded in 2005, started by a few enthusiasts they run two types of events the Llangadog Community Hall:
- On the first Saturday of every month from October to May they show a film that has broad appeal, maybe a popular recent one that has good ratings that many or most members have not seen yet, or something from a few years ago that members are pleased to watch.
- On the third Friday of every month from October to April they show something less well-known that has been highly rated but is maybe a bit different, perhaps black and white even, or is in a foreign language, or features particularly interesting acting or photography, or is based on a special real or imaginary story that is worth being reminded about, or a combination of these good things – they call these evenings “Buffs’ Nights”.
Their Saturday events are as much social as about the film. Everyone coming brings a plate of food to share and they have a buffet meal at tables with wine and soft drinks available to buy. On Fridays they meet for half an hour or so before the film for drinks and nibbles.
- Type of organisation: Film Society
- Number of screens: 2
- Seating capacity (per screen): 70 / 24
- Projection format: Blu ray / DVD