A UK-wide season charting how the monsters of horror have evolved, made physical the anxieties of their times, and how we react when faced with the monster within. Led by BFI in partnership with BFI FAN.
Running from October to December 2022, In Dreams are Monsters will be a major UK-wide film and events season open to cinemas, festivals and multi arts & media organisations to present in-venue and hybrid seasons, events and screenings that celebrate this experimental and experiential genre.
FHW / BFI FAN Members can login to view the ‘BFI Horror info session – July 2022’ (above) or read more below.
- Applications Open: 21 June 2022
- Applications Close: 29 July 2022
- Decisions made: w/c 15 August 2022
- Season takes place: 1 October – 31 December 2022.
- Total award available: £125,000
- Organisations can apply for up to £15,000 to support small, medium and large scale special curated events and enhanced screenings, as well as marketing and event costs as part of the season.
- Single screening support for up to £500 is also available. Applications for screening support will be assessed on a rolling basis until 1st December 2022. After this date, no further applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
- If you have any questions or need any support with filling out the EOI form, please contact Major Programmes Manager Manon Euler at email@example.com