This report, prepared by Dan Thomas in 2014/15 maps youth film festival activity in Wales, the wider UK and Europe, focusing on the youth film festival landscape in Wales, outlining the current landscape and identifying any development opportunities.The audit is aimed at participants aged 5-26.
The research found that:
- There are over 90 youth film festivals across Europe.
- Festivals can screen films made for or aimed at young audiences, and/or screen films made by young people.
- The UK has the largest number of youth film festivals in Europe.
- In Wales there are 6 youth film festivals which tend to operate independently of each other.
- There is a lack of cohesion and joined up thinking in Wales leading to a somewhat piecemeal sector.
- The sector can be developed to offer better opportunities for young people in Wales to watch a wider range of films and screen their films to a wider audience.
You can download the full report here on the Film Hub Wales website.