Film Hub Wales (FHW) are placing a call out for education specialists working with young and family audiences across Wales, to respond to a proposal to reach new groups and support learning activity in partnership with Welsh exhibitors (from community to mixed arts).
We are looking for creative solutions to the brief. Our main priorities are to:
- Reach as many young and family audiences as possible with the funds available,
- Increase access to British independent and world cinema specifically. Projects should ideally include public facing screenings and work in partnership with FHW members,
- Create resources to support life-long learning and informal education in venues across Wales.
The proposal must take into account that few venues that have education officers in house to deliver sessions with audiences and budget for these sessions, or alternative solutions. If sessions cannot be delivered first hand by local providers, due to cost or capacity, can resources be made available for use with screenings? Venues and audiences with demand but little or no access will be prioritised. We are keen to support members who have yet to develop projects with the Hub.
We welcome ideas but anticipate that proposals will include:
- Family / adult (this might include U3A groups) / young audience activity packs for new independent releases / key titles that can shared centrally to support learning activity in house with little or no cost to venues,
- Screenings for general audiences that offer reach i.e. working in partnership with any type of FHW member to offer screenings,
- Workshops around film appreciation. Please note, we cannot support practical filmmaking or formal education activity with schools,
- You may wish to offer an initial training session for venue education officers (if needed),
- Proposals may include a small proportion of FEN R&D/meeting activity if it contributes towards the wider objectives of the project.
Budget for this activity is £9,500 (inclusive of any VAT). We would like to see geographical reach through resources, or if outreach is proposed, clusters of venues worked with, rather than a single venue. If a number of venues wish to bid collectively, we would welcome this. Cost per head should be considered.
We would like this work to begin before March 2016.